|Name||Dr. Tamal Goswami|
|Academic Qualification||M. Sc. /2009/ University of North Bengal|
Ph. D. /2016/ University of North Bengal
Research Associate/2016-2017/ University of North Bengal
|Areas of Interest||Quantum Chemistry|
Electronic Structure Theory
Theory and Computation on Magnetic Properties of Molecules
|List of Publications||1. A. K. Mondal, T. Goswami, A. Misra and S. Konar, Probing the Effects of Ligand Field
and Coordination Geometry on Magnetic Anisotropy of Pentacoordinate Cobalt(II)
Single-Ion Magnets, Inorg. Chem., 56, 6870 (2017).|
2. T. Goswami, M. Homray, S. Paul, D. Bhattacharya and A. Misra, On exo-cyclic aromaticity, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 19, 11744 (2017).
3. Sudip Sarkar, Tamal Goswami, Debojit Bhattacharya and Anirban Misra, On the performance of generalized valence bond theory in predicting magnetic exchange coupling constant in organic diradicals: A comparison with Hartree-Fock theory, Comput. Theor. Chem. (Accepted), DOI: 10.1016/j.comptc.2017.03.022 (2017).
4. Bhaskar Bagchi, Tamal Goswami, Pranab Ghosh and Asim Kumar Bothra, Computational Study on Redox Reaction of Puupehenone in Aqueous Solution by Density Functional Theory, Asian J. Chem. 28, 2199 (2016).
5. Satadal Paul, Tamal Goswami and Anirban Misra, Noncomparative scaling of aromaticity through electron itineracy, AIP Advances 5, 107211 (2015).
6. Tamal Goswami, Satadal Paul, Subhajit Mandal, Anirban Misra, Anakuthil Anoop and Pratim K. Chattaraj, Unique Bonding Pattern and Resulting Bond Stretch Isomerism in Be 3 2 , Int. J. Quantum Chem. 115, 426-433 (2015).
7. T. Goswami and A. Misra, On the Control of Magnetic Anisotropy through External Electric Field, Chem. Euro. J. 20, 13951-13956 (2014) (Selected as Back Cover & Very Important Paper).
8. R. Kar, T. Goswami, B. C. Paul and A. Misra, On magnon mediated Cooper pair formation in ferromagnetic superconductors, AIP Adv. 4, 087126 (2014).
9. D. Bhattacharya, S. Shil, T. Goswami, A. Misra and D. J. Klein, A note on second-order nonlinear optical response of high-spin bis-TEMPO diradicals with possible application, Comput. Theor. Chem. 1039, 11-14 (2014).
10. T. Goswami, S. Paul and A. Misra, Effect of Charge Transfer and Periodicity on the Magnetism of [Cr(Cp*) 2 ][ETCE], RSC Adv. 4, 14847-14857 (2014).
11. B. Sinha, T. Goswami, S. Paul and A. Misra, The impact of surface structure and band gap on the optoelectronic properties of Cu 2 O nanoclusters of varying size and symmetry, RSC Adv. 4, 5092 5104 (2014).
12. D. Bhattacharya, S. Shil, T. Goswami, A. Misra, A. Panda and D.J. Klein, A Theoretical Study on Magnetic Properties of Bis-TEMPO Diradicals with Possible Application, Comput. Theor. Chem. 1024, 15-23 (2013).
13. M. Majumder, T. Goswami, A. Misra, S. Bardhan and S. K. Saha, Intermolecular Interaction in 2-Aminopyridine: A Density Functional Study, Commun. Comput. Chem. 1, 225-243 (2013).
14. S. Paul, T. Goswami, A. Misra and P. K. Chattaraj , Concurrent loss of aromaticity and onset of superexchange in Mg 3 Na 2 with an increasing Na Mg 3 distance, Theor. Chem. Acc. 132, 1391-10 (2013).
15. T. Goswami and A. Misra, Ligand Effects toward the Modulation of Magnetic Anisotropy and Design of Magnetic Systems with Desired Anisotropy Characteristics, J. Phys. Chem. A. 116, 5207-5215 (2012). (Highlighted in ACS Virtual Issues (i) Quantum Molecular Magnets and (ii) Physical Chemistry in India)
16. D. Bhattacharya, A. Panda, S. Shil, T. Goswami and A. Misra, A Theoretical Study on Photomagnetic Fluorescent Protein Chromophore Coupled Diradicals and Their Possible Applications, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 14, 6509-6913 (2012).
|Membership of Professional Bodies|
|Achievements||1. Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET-LS) in December 2009. |
2. Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) in 2010.
3. Awarded CSIR-SRF in 2013.
|Office Address||Department of Chemistry,|
NIT Sikkim Ravangla Campus,
Barfung Block Sikkim 737139